Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Thing "5"

After reading last week's Thing"5" assignment was dedicated to catching up on the first four things, and since I was caught up, I completely put it out of my mind until Thing "6" email snapped me back. Silly me...now I'm playing catch up on last week's blogging.

Oh well...such is life...now to reflect on the program so far. I already admitted signing up originally at the request of a co-worker that wanted a program "buddy" in the event she needed some help. I wasn't sure what I was getting into or how the program would work but I am so glad to be a part of it. I've already learned so much. I enjoy working independently and at my own pace. A nice sense of satisfaction and new computer knowledge is my reward after each "thing" is completed.
That's the upside...now the downside...it does get a little frustrating working on "things" while working. I consider myself an excellent multitasker but when new territory gets into the equation it adds complications that probably wouldn't be there if the "thing" was approached while not doing other tasks. Also, I would love to read more blogs and therefore learn from others in the group but finding the time for that is also a challenge. I have used my new found knowledge from Thing "2" to help me keep on top of some blogs by putting all my fellow employee's blogs on my RSS. I'm happy to report I find myself wondering about what I'll learn next and look forward to each new "thing". As a reader who often falls in love with certain characters and doesn't want to say good bye to them...I'm already hoping for a "sequel" to this program so it to will continue on :)

No comments:

Post a Comment