Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Thing "9"...ebooks

Several months ago SSPL purchased one of almost all types of eBooks so staff would have the opportunity to experience them first hand. I attended a staff computer class to learn more about them and afterwards was able to sign them out, one at a time, for a night. So far I have used a Kindle and an iPod. I plan to try them all so besides learning the obvious, like how to download and read books, I can also learn lots of things I never would have if not actually using them personally. I would like to feel comfortable answering all types of questions, ie: which is the heaviest, which eBooks have backlights, is one easier to use then the other? I am very proud that my library realizes the need to educate its staff with the ever changing technology so we can better serve the public.

No comments:

Post a Comment