Thursday, May 19, 2011

thing 8

Making movies...this actually is something I have done in very small spurts thanks to my cell phone and it's 3 minute record feature. At least that was the case up until just recently. This past week I branched out in a big way.

Here at SSPL the Children's Room is once again incubating eggs in the hopes patrons will get an opportunity to watch them hatch. This year we decided to take it to the next level and install a live webcam on the incubator. Most of our staff, including me, missed the first chicken hatch due to an untimely meeting. That made me even more determined to capture a hatching not only live for everyone watching online but to record it as well. I got my chance the very next day. Pecking your way out of an egg is a very slow process...it can be compared to watching grass grow, lol...but once the final stages were upon us, I grabbed the webcam, to offer patrons watching online the perfect view and also started the record feature. The result is a bird's eye view (pun intended)of a baby chick emerging from its egg. I wanted to put the video up on my blog but for some reason every time I try I get an error. Haven't figured what's the problem yet so in the mean time, if anyone would like to see my video go to the following link:
(you might have to copy and paste it into your browser)

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/14631513

FYI ... our webcam experiment so far has been a huge success. With tons of positive feedback and to date over 15,000 views!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment