Thursday, September 29, 2011

cdp23...thing "19"

As my not in numerical order "things" reflect, I am behind. Simple reason for that...thing "19" doesn't require exploring or learning any new technology so I have been avoiding it. Don't get me wrong, I see the benefit of reflecting on what I've gained from the program so far and how I might use what I've learned but...writing and I are like water and oil. The two just don't mix. With that said, I have improved. Making myself blog each week has opened me up so if I only gain that from this program I feel I'm ahead of the game.

But I won't stop there. I have absorbed so much more. I now use my RSS daily, I love my personalized igoogle, prezi is a blast (I am hoping to create something to highlight some of our children's programs that might even be put up on our website), adding a link to my blog on a wiki was very exciting, evernote and google docs are super helpful tools I am glad to know how to use, and I always have and always will be an advocate for mine and all libraries. Twitter I am still not a big fan of, although I do admit I haven't given it that much of a chance. However, I feel like Dorothy from "The Wizard of Oz" because by far the single most important "thing" I have learned so far is something I have known all along. That I completely enjoy working and collaborating with others. Even though this program is basically designed for individuals to participate on their own, if anyone out there has read any of my posts they will know my co-worker Laura and I are taking this "journey" together. I look forward each week to the one evening we both work together on this week's "thing". We have even dubbed that day "Tech Thursday". We don't plan to stop when this program ends. We have both been inspired to keeping growing and exploring the technical world and trying to utilize it at our wonderful library.

No comments:

Post a Comment