Monday, August 1, 2011

cpd23...thing 11

Mentoring...This year one of my daughters was accepted into a scholarship program at her school and the one thing she is excited about the most is she will be given a mentor. Soon she will have another adult in her life that is willing to help guide her through her high school years. What wonderful giving and taking takes place through mentoring.

In the department I work in there are two full time librarians that I have always admired. Both of them have been at my library for many years and I have learned so much from them. I have considered them my unofficial mentors since I began working at SSPL. Their knowledge, compassion and willingness to pass on information to a fellow co-worker makes each day for me a learning opportunity.

One of the above mentioned co-workers is also participating in "cdp23things". I received an email from her today asking me if I would be her mentor!!! I can not describe how honored I am. Not only she a librarian (and I a lowly clerk, lol) but she is also my senior by ten+ years. Her wanting to learn from me just shows that mentoring holds no boundaries of age, education, etc...what a wonderful "thing"!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment