Sunday, July 24, 2011

cdp23...thing 6

Facebook...this site I've had the most experience with due to the fact that I have four children and "facebooking" for them is almost a way of life. That is what got me started, but I quickly learned the value of social networking in a professional level. It is a very effective way to share information with a large population. My library, Saratoga Springs Public Library, has been using facebook for a while. We started with a page for teens, with the mindset that it was mostly teens that use facebook, but we soon realized facebook has no age limitations. Now all of our programs and upcoming events are "advertised" on our facebook page as well as posting pictures and sharing interesting library stories and news. I think that facebook reaches a larger audience as far as our local patrons are concerned.

LinkedIn...I have not used this before so I took a look around. I do see the need for a place for professionals to share information with each other. The old expression, "learn from your mistakes" can be brought to a whole new level when others can learn from your experiences, both good and bad.

Google+...this was also something new to me so I did some research. Do I think there is room for new networks?...definitely. I think, "the more, the merrier",because that helps to keep just one from becoming the monopoly.

No comments:

Post a Comment