Saturday, July 2, 2011

cpd23..."thing 3"

Branding...I think subconsciously I had that in mind when I set up my blog. I work in the Children's Room of a public library. It is a beautiful library that I am proud to work at and wanted others to see that when they go to my blog. I selected a picture I took looking into our "storytime/activity room". On the wall outside the room is a mural painted by a local children's book author and illustrator, Bruce Hiscock. As far as posting a picture of myself...I do tend to be kind of camera shy (I love taking pictures, just not that happy being in them). I will search for a shot of myself and once found, will put one on my blog.

Google searching myself...since I recently returned to my maiden name (after getting divorced), I decided to search both past and present names, Patricia Raftery and Tibbatts. It did not turn up much...mostly people with the same name that are not me. I did several attempts using Patricia, Patty, and Pat. I guess this indicates a few things. One, that my attempt at keeping my life private has been successful and second, that my life perhaps has not been very news worthy, lol. Either way it was strange searching for myself and felt very invasive knowing that others can do this and find out my age, address and phone number very easily. My thoughts are with technology comes informative...whether we want it available to others or not. Sort of like "Big Brother" is out there watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment