Saturday, July 2, 2011

cpd23...thing 2

First let me start by saying that "Delicious bookmarks" really are delicious. I have not encountered such a great sorting system like that before. Nice to already be learning and experiencing new things.

Now to chat about the real reason for "thing 2"... Being from the US and never traveling very far from home, I was excited to check out blogs from different countries. My first stop was Germany (since I am half German). With only one participate from Germany my choice was easy. "Sabine's 23 Things" blog was informative and intersting. My next stop was Ireland (you guessed it, besides German, my other half is Irish on my Dad's side). Here I had a few more choices but decided to go with someone that also worked at a public library. Once again I was intrigued to read about library happenings from another land. After my "world tour" I poked around a little at blogs closer to home and mostly fellow public library people.

Since I work in the Children's Room and my library has a wonderful summer reading program, this time of year is super busy. I love it and time flies by but having extra time to complete any additional tasks is hard to come by. With that in mind, I have decided to stick with following just a few blogs each week and hopefully will be able to comment and communicate with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment