Tuesday, July 26, 2011

cdp23...thing 7

I have a feeling I fall into the minority category as far as being a part of professional organizations is concerned. This is an avenue I have not traveled much. Why haven't I???...mostly because I haven't really given them much thought until now. I guess being self motivated, and usually working on my own, joining a professional group just didn't seem necessary. However, after reading up on them in thing 7 and doing some research, I think I will reconsider my original perception of them. Especially, when I think about how they can benefit me in my job.

This whole thing got me thinking...I remember way back when I was on our high school cheerleading squad. I loved being part of a team. Many separate people joining together as one for the good of something...that sounds kinda corny but that is how I look at organizations. I look forward to exploring more professional organizations and joining forces with some that not only will help me but also where I too can help make a difference with my input as well.

***thing "7" has so inspired me, I plan to do some research and perhaps join a group on my off time, that involves my hobby (and sometimes part time job)...sewing!!!***

No comments:

Post a Comment